Accurate Basement Repair, your trusted waterproofing company
With 18 years of experience, we’re not just good, we’re Accurate! Our goal at Accurate Basement Repair is to provide top-quality foundation repair and basement waterproofing services in a professional and efficient manner. We are known as the “real estate transaction repair specialists” and are the #1 referred foundation repair and basement waterproofing company by professional engineers, basement consultants, realtors, municipal building inspectors, home inspectors, lenders, property management companies and most importantly, our past customers. Our dedicated and educated staff of long-term employees treats each of our customer’s homes as if they were their own. In addition to working year-round, we also maintain a fleet of equipment with some of the newest technologies in the industry, enabling us to continually provide our customers with the best care possible. Waterproofing is rarely a do-it-yourself job. Professionals at Accurate Basement Repair repair drain tile, install dehumidifiers, optimize sump pumps and otherwise provide complete foundation waterproofing services. Our skilled technicians and nationally certified structural repair and basement waterproofing specialists have been serving Milwaukee homes and businesses since Bon Jovi was headlining Summerfest. We are a local business with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We use a synergistic approach of continually educating our staff and in turn, educating our homeowners.
Facts About Saint Francis, WI
Saint Francis is a city in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 9,365 at the 2010 census.
Civic leaders in the Town of Lake had been watching Milwaukee nibbling off bits and pieces of the township for years and they were alarmed. They did not dislike their giant neighbor so much as they sought a voice in their own affairs.
A sense of Community led to incorporation for St. Francis in 1951. Working secretly to avoid counter petitioning by Milwaukee for annexation, Fred J. Schoendorf and Henry Rajchel, Town of Lake Treasurer and Clerk respectively, and other interested citizens got enough petitions on incorporation papers to put the issue before the voters. On July 24th, 1951 a total of 1,069 people voted to incorporate. The City was chartered in Madison the next Day…
St. Francis Seminary was established in what is now the city in 1845. The Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi established their headquarters there in the mid-19th century.
The city took its name from St. Francis Seminary, founded by Archbishop John Henni, the first Archbishop of Milwaukee, who placed it under the patronage of Francis de Sales, the first Catholic bishop of Switzerland after the Swiss Reformation.
At 2.55 square miles, the City of Saint Francis is one of the smallest suburbs by area in Milwaukee County. According to early white settlers, native residents called the area “Nojoshing,” possibly meaning “strip of land extending into the water.” When the territorial government divided Milwaukee County into townships, Nojoshing became part of the Town of Lake. This elevated land, rising above marshy Milwaukee, attracted American and European settlers as farmers beginning around 1834.
Several Roman Catholic institutions founded in the mid-19th century gave the area a strong Catholic identity. In 1849 Archbishop John Martin Henni directed the Covenant of the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi to settle just south of Milwaukee. The sisters initially aided orphaned children, but over the next hundred years, they also founded or worked in numerous charitable organizations, including the precursor to Cardinal Stritch University. In 1856, Archbishop Henni’s opened St. Francis de Sales Seminary nearby. Anchored by the seminary, the area attracted a cluster of Roman Catholic institutions, including Holy Family Normal School, St. John’s School for the Deaf, Sacred Heart Church, the Chapel of the Woods, and St. Aemelian’s Orphanage. In 1983, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee moved its headquarters to the Cousins Center in St. Francis.
In the 1920s, residents began seeking incorporation to prevent annexation by the City of Milwaukee. Those outside of St. Francis in the Town of Lake opposed the move because the Lakeside Power Plant within St. Francis, completed in 1921, provided a large amount of the town’s tax revenue. Attempts to incorporate St. Francis in the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s failed. When incorporation succeeded in 1951, the city’s population was 6,181. While the newly incorporated St. Francis retained the Lakeside Power Plant, later changes in state laws drastically reduced the amount of tax revenue the City received. Because St. Francis lacked other large businesses to bring in revenue, it had trouble providing adequate municipal services. Some St. Francis residents petitioned for merger with their southern neighbor, Cudahy. After that effort failed, St. Francis eventually provided its own services.
WHERE TO FIND US:
Accurate Basement Repair
3125 E Allerton Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53235
Call us at (414) 744-6900
Places of interest in Saint Francis
Bay View Park
South Shore Park
Beulah Brinton Community Center