Whether you are looking online or in the phone book, the number of contractors you can choose from can be very overwhelming. It is imperative to investigate before you invest in a foundation repair contractor.
Ask your potential contractor the following questions to help you choose a qualified professional contractor:
- Will you give me a written contract?
- Will you take the time to explain to me in detail the work you are proposing?
- Is your company licensed and insured for liability and property damage?
- Can your company show me a certificate of insurance for workman’s compensation?
- Do you have proper state registrations and licenses?
- Can your company show me pictures of jobs completed in this area?
- Are your methods of repair considered standard in the industry with proven performance?
- Does your company provide a written warranty for the repairs performed?
- Does your company intend to use subcontractors on my job?
- Is your company a member of:
- BBB (Better Business Bureau)? What is your rating with the BBB?
- NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry)?
- NAWSRC (National Association of Waterproofing and Structural Repair Contractors)?
- Basement Health Association?
- BIASEW (Building Inspectors Association of South Eastern Wisconsin)?
- WAHI (Wisconsin Association of Home Inspectors)?
- Angie’s List?
- Any others?
- Will you perform a thorough inspection of my problem?
- Will you provide me with a “Notice of Right to Cancel” form, which allows me to cancel my contract within 3 business days?
A failing foundation can be quite a challenge. Be sure to find the best foundation contractor in your area. We’re not just good… we’re Accurate!